Monday, March 16, 2015

666 Page Views

I haven't had much to post lately. A combination of insufficient fitting skills and real life obligations have kept me away from internet space ships for the last week. Before I went AWOL, we had a nice little R1FTA wolfpack roam on a Saturday afternoon. I spent most of my time reshipping but we nailed a pair of Sviples (SP?), whored on a Myrm kill that Lord Paylor basically solo'd in his Confessor, and took out a couple cruisers I think. It was a fun roam but I still hate FCing.

-----------

Skilling up a new character is frustrating and takes a lot of patience, which is generally something I don't have. So I gave in and purchased another character with great skills and the ability to fly a lot of things. I want to keep Duke in R1FTA and continue contributing to this great corp by FCing roams and providing content, while he builds up skill-points. But with my new toon, I want to venture off into something different. 

I considered starting my own corp again but that never ends well. Being a CEO is a challenge that requires a special kind of person. I just don't want the hassle and a corp is something you just can't, or shouldn't walk away from. As a CEO, other players' enjoyment of EVE is riding on you and that is a little more responsibility than I'm looking for. 

So where to next? I think the lowsec meta has passed me by. I feel like an old dog that just can't learn the new tricks, or maybe I just don't want to learn them. Lowsec doesn't feel like home anymore. Nowhere does. 

I recently did a two week stint with Brave. While I enjoyed the friendly nature of the coalition at first, the TiDi was unbearable and I didn't really enjoy being lost in the pack. There are soooo many people on comms, you have no idea who you are talking to half the time. The new SOV changes are interesting, not that I really understand them, but they do present something new. 

NPC Null has always intrigued me. It seems like a big fight-club atmosphere but from what I hear (and see on recruitment forums), it's pretty dead. 

I hate FW and RvB. No offense meant but they just aren't for me. 

Highsec wars... Fuck that.

And I'm done probing wormholes...

So this brings me back full-circle to SOV Null. If only they had smaller corps within the grand scheme of it all... small gang operators... fleets that don't crash my laptop... smaller groups to socialize with. 

Thanks blogger for helping me work this out. 

~DK

No comments:

Post a Comment